Chocolate Walnut Crescents
I use a round cookie cutter to form the crescent shapes for these nutty favorites. They're so pretty sprinkled with sugar and drizzled with chocolate. —TerryAnn Moore, Vineland, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 10-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups ground walnuts
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 to 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, walnuts and cocoa; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Using a floured plain or finely scalloped 2-in. round cookie cutter, cut a semicircle off one corner of the dough, forming the inside of a crescent shape. Reposition cutter 1-1/4 in. from inside of crescent; cut cookie, forming a crescent 1-1/4 in. wide at its widest point. Repeat. Chill and reroll scraps if desired.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Sprinkle cookies with confectioners' sugar. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 46 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.