Chocolate Almond Pizzelles
If you love fun baking gadgets, you'll enjoy making these crispy, almond-flavored cookies, which get their unique waffle design from a pizzelle maker. They bake up golden brown in only a few minutes. Feel free to double the chocolate drizzle if you'd like to cover the cookies more generously. —Hannah Riley, Norwalk, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons almond extract
- Chopped almonds
- Preheat pizzelle maker. Beat first four ingredients until smooth. In another bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder; stir into egg mixture.
- Bake in pizzelle maker according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Cool completely on wire racks.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in cocoa, water and extract until blended. Drizzle over pizzelles. Sprinkle with almonds; let stand until set. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts1 pizzelle: 86 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Almond Pizzelles in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.