Chocolate Caramel Cracker Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 teaspoon plus 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 45 Club crackers (2-1/2x1 inch)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Line a 9-in. square baking pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter. Arrange a single layer of crackers in the pan.
- In a large saucepan, combine milk, brown sugar, corn syrup and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to maintain a low boil; cook and stir 7 minutes. Remove from heat. Evenly spread a third of the mixture over the crackers. Repeat cracker and caramel layers twice.
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over caramel; let stand 3-5 minutes or until glossy. Spread over top. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until chocolate is set. Using foil, lift layers out of pan; cut into 3x1-in. bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 176 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 28, 2015
Made these for my Christmas cookie plate and got a recipe request
Nov 22, 2015
Not sure what happened but my filling is not firm cannot cut it need suggestions
Mar 22, 2015
Didn't care for these , will not be making again, but thanks for the recipe!
Dec 30, 2013
Delicious and easy!
May 14, 2013
I made these for a bake sale and they were a big hit! very yummy
May 6, 2013
they are wonderful and I put them in the oven at lowest temperature so the chocolate chips melt in order to smooth them out easier.
Aug 24, 2012
Wonderful and easy.
Aug 20, 2012
I made these bars with Graham Crackers instead of club crackers, and sprinkled chopped walnuts on top of chocolate.Excellent bars.
Aug 16, 2012
These are so delicious! I brought them to a women's function and one lady told me they were the best bars she's ever had! I would stir frequently though while making the caramel instead of "occasionally" so it doesn't stick.
Aug 15, 2012
I haven't made them yet ... I am confused by a reviewer's comment about removing them from the oven ... oven???? I don't see that part in the recipe.