Chocolate Salted Caramel Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°. Beat butter, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour, mixing well. Press 3 cups of dough onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. pan. Bake until set, 20-22 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt caramels with cream over low heat until smooth. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with salt, then chocolate chips. Drop remaining dough over top by teaspoonfuls. Bake until light golden brown, 30-35 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 334 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 11, 2018
I made these Chocolate Salted Caramel Bars yesterday and they are delicious! Instead of dropping spoonfuls of dough on the top, I rolled tablespoons of dough into balls, flattened them, then laid them on top of the bar, which made a neater appearance. Also, I'd suggest cutting the bars while they are still a bit warm to make cutting them into bars easier. Great tasting, will be making these again!