Gooey Caramel Chocolate Bars
There is one word for these bars—scrumptious! I once substituted peanut butter chips for the chocolate chips...they're wonderful that way, too.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups (12 ounces) chocolate chips
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 package German chocolate or chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and caramels with 1/3 cup milk. Stir in nuts. Remove from the heat and set aside. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter and remaining milk; pat half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 7-10 minutes. Spread chocolate/caramel mixture over crust; top with reserved cake mixture. Bake 12-15 minutes longer.