Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Bars
Who doesn't like this dessert duo? Add your favorite combination of candies to garnish the tops of these chocolate peanut butter dream bars. —Cindi DeClue, Anchorage, Alaska
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + cooling Bake: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) Nutter Butter cookies, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (3.90 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, finely crush 24 of the cookies; stir in melted butter. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk pudding mix and milk until smooth; spread over cooled crust. In another small bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and peanut butter. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spoon cream cheese mixture over pudding; gently spread to cover pudding. Spread remaining whipped topping over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Coarsely crush remaining 8 cookies. Sprinkle crushed cookies and chips over whipped topping before serving.