Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 to 6 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease two 13x9-in. baking pans.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with water and milk, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to prepared baking pans. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Meanwhile, for frosting, in a large bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until blended. Beat in confectioners’ sugar alternately with enough milk to reach spreading consistency.
- Remove cakes from oven; place on wire racks. Spread frosting over warm cakes; sprinkle with peanuts. Cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 250 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 31, 2017
Made these and took them into work. Everyone loved them. They were simple to make but were very delicious. They were like a bar cookie mixed with sheet cake. Would totally make this recipe again!
Aug 19, 2015
I made these bars for a church fundraising event and they were a hit! Everyone loved how soft, creamy, and decadent they tasted! Very easy to make, and very quick, too!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.