Peanutty Candy Bars
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup plus 2/3 cup peanut butter, divided
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, butter, 1/2 cup peanut butter, corn syrup and vanilla. Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until mixture is bubbly around the edges.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butterscotch and chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in peanuts and remaining peanut butter; spread over the oat mixture. Cool for 10 minutes; chill until set.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 362 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 24, 2017
Rich tasting bar cookie that is enjoyed by my gluten free hubby. I sprinkled the chocolate tops with holiday sprinkles for Christmas cookie tray.
Mar 1, 2014
Oh my! So rich and chewy! Very good as is, but the chocoholic in me wants to do as ljakes suggested and switch the amounts of chocolate and butterscotch chips around the next time I make them. I did use dark corn syrup as it was what I had on hand and I prefer it over the light.
Jul 15, 2013
Pretty close to perfection in a square!
May 12, 2012
AWESOME, I did 1 pkg of choc. chips, and 1 c. butterscotch chips, in the frosting.
Nov 3, 2011
This is one of my favorite go-to recipes! Everyone loves the mix of chocolate and peanut butter.
Apr 1, 2011
Fantastic! I did decrease the brown sugar to 3/4 cup and used equal portions of butterscotch and choc chips, per previous reviewers suggestions.
Feb 11, 2011
These were some of the best squares I've ever made. So delicious, I've made them three times and the only problem is that it's almost impossible to keep from eating half of them in one sitting!
Sep 27, 2010
Easy to make. Easy to keep eating!Very rich so I need to cut the bars smaller but I will make this one again!
Aug 30, 2010
These were simply delicious!!! And they were very simple to make. I shared this recipe with all my friends!!Kathy BrownGreensboro, NC
Apr 18, 2010
I consider myself a pretty good cook. This recipe was followed to the letter. It was the worst thing I have baked in years. I ended up taking the chocolate/peanut topping off and throwing the rest in the trash. There was nothing chew, gooey about this recipe. I had to use a sharp knife to cut thru the bottom section, that's how hard it was.