Butterscotch Peanut Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups salted peanuts
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with aluminum foil. Coat the foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Press into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 6 minutes. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- In a large saucepan, combine topping ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until chips and butter are melted. Spread over hot crust. Bake for 12-15 minutes longer or until topping is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 147 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 27, 2013
Very tasty and easy. Nice to have something different.
Aug 30, 2010
I made this for a family party, VERY GOOD! Everyone fought over the few left and asked for the resipe
Jan 25, 2010
These are wonderful! Rich but not excessively sweet (amazing for a combination of butterscotch chips & Karo) and very peanutty!
Nov 29, 2009
very rich but ooh so good and evil
Oct 15, 2009
Thinner than I expected but very tasty and hold well to use in a few days.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.