Butterscotch Peanut Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups salted peanuts
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with aluminum foil. Coat the foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Press into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 6 minutes. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- In a large saucepan, combine topping ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until chips and butter are melted. Spread over hot crust. Bake for 12-15 minutes longer or until topping is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Dec 19, 2019
Really easy, and quick. It makes a lot, and really yummy. Lots of flavor
Mar 29, 2019
I made these for the first time to take to a potluck, substituting salted caramel chips for the butterscotch chips. Three people asked me for the recipe afterwards. It is like a soft peanut brittle cookie. Easy, and a hit.
Dec 27, 2018
The hardest part of this recipe was to find a pan with the dimensions mentioned. I used a two inch shorter pan and adjusted the recipe accordingly with regards to amount of nuts. I followed the recipe and it worked out great. The finished product was exactly like the picture although I didn't like the crust part. It reminded me of a payday bar without the noughat. It was very sweet. Much sweeter than I thought it would be for something with nuts in it. I adjusted my nuts to 2 and 1/3 cups to accommodate the 2 in shorter pan.
Jan 27, 2013
Very tasty and easy. Nice to have something different.
Aug 30, 2010
I made this for a family party, VERY GOOD! Everyone fought over the few left and asked for the resipe
Jan 25, 2010
These are wonderful! Rich but not excessively sweet (amazing for a combination of butterscotch chips & Karo) and very peanutty!
Nov 29, 2009
very rich but ooh so good and evil
Oct 15, 2009
Thinner than I expected but very tasty and hold well to use in a few days.