Butterscotch Cashew Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2-1/2 cups salted cashew halves
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine flour and salt; add to creamed mixture just until combined.
- Press into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the butterscotch chips, corn syrup, butter and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth.
- Spread over crust. Sprinkle with cashews; press down lightly. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until topping is bubbly and lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 199 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 19, 2017
My sister took these to a family reunion and our uncles were hiding them in their pockets to save for later! Needless to say, these are awesome!
Dec 17, 2015
Oh my, these are good! My husband told me that I had to get them out of the house and never make them again because he couldn't stop eating them. ;-) A very easy recipe that will impress others.
Dec 10, 2013
This recipe has become an annual Christmas Cookie for our family! We love the combination of butterscotch and cashews. It is also quick and easy to make!
Sep 3, 2012
If I recall correctly, I'd made this recipe when it came out & the results were delicious! Dawn E. Lowenstein
Feb 22, 2012
Warning, you'll like them tooooo much!
Dec 15, 2010
Since first seeing this recipe , I have made it 3 or 4 times, and it continues to be requested by my family and friends. I made it for a barbecue in the summer and I'm making it for Christmas.It is a great year round recipe...We all love them and they are not hard to make!
Nov 25, 2009
My husband and 2 teenage sons love, love, love this recipe. If your a fan of cashews, and who isn't, you will love these sweet and salty bars!