Peanut Butter Squares
These rich bite-size squares taste creamier than store-bought peanut butter cups. Since they're made on the stove, there's no need to turn o the oven, notes Val Worthing of Clio, Michigan.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir peanut butter and 3/4 cup butter and until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla (mixture will be very thick).
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. In a saucepan over low heat, combine chips and remaining butter; cook and stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining vanilla. Spread over peanut butter layer. Chill until firm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 113 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Squares in Quick Cooking March/April 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.