Pecan Cream Cheese Squares
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3-2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, 1 egg and butter until blended. Stir in pecans. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and remaining eggs until smooth. Pour over pecan mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack; cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 204 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 3, 2011
I have been making this for my family for years (my mother-in-law got me a Taste Of Home cookbook for Christmas) and it is their favorite dessert!! Very rich, but very yummy!