Pecan Cream Cheese Squares
From Wills Point, Texas, field editor Dorothy Pritchett says, "This rich, easy dessert is perfect after a light meal."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3-2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, 1 egg and butter until blended. Stir in pecans. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and remaining eggs until smooth. Pour over pecan mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack; cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 204 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Pecan Cream Cheese Squares in Taste of Home February/March 2000
Jul 3, 2011
I have been making this for my family for years (my mother-in-law got me a Taste Of Home cookbook for Christmas) and it is their favorite dessert!! Very rich, but very yummy!