Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzels
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + standing
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 35 to 40 pretzels
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and 3 teaspoons oil; stir until smooth. Dip pretzels in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets to set.
- Melt peanut butter chips and remaining oil; transfer to a small resealable plastic bag. Cut a small hole in a corner of bag; drizzle over pretzels. Allow to set. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts1 pretzel: 156 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 18, 2017
These are perfect just the way they are. I have read some of the issues with dipping the chocolate and I have found a very easy way. Put the chocolate in your Crock pot on low for about 45 min. Then start dipping. You can scrape excess off with a spoon. Chocolate stays warm through the entire dipping process.
Dec 14, 2016
I had the same problem as another reviewer, where the chocolate was so thick no excess could drip off. Not sure how to correct that other than maybe adding another teaspoon of oil. The globbed on chocolate just makes the pretzels look sloppy, not pretty for holiday gift giving. I didn't have any problems with the peanut butter chips. As far as taste goes, there's no way to screw up a chocolate covered pretzels, so of course they were delicious!
Dec 16, 2015
When I melted these in the microwave, the chocolate was so thick it didn't "drip" off any excess. So I thought I'd add a teaspoon of water to try and thin it out. BIG MISTAKE! The chocolate became hard instantly. I haven't had a fail in the kitchen in years. I ended up saving the chocolate by making fudge with it. How do it get a thinner mix?
Dec 13, 2015
I did not care for the semisweet chocolate----I am going to try using milk chocolate and see if they are better. Also, I could not taste the peanut butter drizzle at all---it did make them pretty though :)
Jul 20, 2015
Nice, easy to make snack!
Dec 17, 2010
I made these last Christmas. My son loved them and requested them again. I don't usually like making dipped pretzels but these turned out perfectly.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.