Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter & Pretzel Truffles
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 1-3/4 cups creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/4 cups crushed pretzels, divided
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- In a large bowl, beat 1-1/2 cups peanut butter, confectioners' sugar, brown sugar, butter and salt until blended. Stir in 3 cups pretzels.
- Shape pretzel mixture into 1-in. balls; transfer to waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip truffles in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Return to baking sheets.
- Microwave remaining peanut butter on high for 30-45 seconds or until melted. Drizzle over truffles; sprinkle with remaining pretzels. Refrigerate until set. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 truffle: 176 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 31, 2019
This tastes amazing and was super fun to make! I recommend it to anyone who loves chocolate and peanut butter with a soft, crunchy twist.
Dec 9, 2018
why are reviews calling these buckeyes? I plan to give them a try but don't call them something they aren't. I don't think Buckeyes have pretzels in them...
Nov 22, 2017
Wasn't impressed for all the steps involved so won't be making again. It looks like some others did enjoy them by the reviews so that's good.
Nov 22, 2017
Made these yesterday. They are different but really good. They are not smooth like a traditional truffle and they certainly aren't buckeyes but the sweet and salty combination is really good. Chilling the 'dough' certainly is essential to a good outcome. I would definitely recommend these treats!
Nov 20, 2017
Sorry did not like these at all. The flavor was not good, did not taste like buckeyes that is for sure. Again I wish I could give a better rating.
Jan 14, 2017
These were so delicious! I took them to a party and everyone raved about them. I did not bother topping with the pretzels or peanut butter but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. It does taste like a crunchy Buckeye. Highly recommend this recipe.
Dec 28, 2016
These are amazing! They are like buckeyes but better. The pretzel keeps its crunch even after they're stored a few days in the frig. Definitely will be a repeat holiday treat!
Jan 2, 2015
great taste;no one will guess the center filling.