Chocolate Peanut Treats
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Stir in sugar and peanut butter. Press into a greased 8-in. square pan.
- In a microwave or double boiler, melt the chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Spread over peanut butter layer. Chill 30 minutes; cut into squares. Chill until firm, about 30 minutes longer. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 148 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 9, 2020
We didn't care for these at all. Not enough peanut butter taste, and the dough was rather crumbly and hard to work with. I think that if we try to make them again, we will double the peanut butter and graham cracker crumbs and cut the sugar in half. On the plus side, they were really easy to make and the grandchildren loved helping make them
Oct 25, 2019
I just want to kiss the guy who first combined chocolate and peanut butter! This recipe is great!
May 14, 2019
I absolutely love these!!! Therefore, I don't make them too often because I have very little discipline on when to stop eating them.
Jun 26, 2018
I've made these several times. Delicious!
Jul 2, 2016
Double this recipe! It will be loved by all peanut butter fans. This is best way to get PB cup flavor in an easy to prepare large quantity. I always double but use slightly less sugar. As a volunteer feild editor with Taste of Home I love using recipes that recreate classic flavors.
Aug 23, 2015
So yummy! Love them! So sweet, you can only have a small one at a time. But they're really good!! Thanks for the recipe!
May 16, 2015
Better than peanut butter cups, and easy to make. My husband really liked these.
Aug 19, 2013
Kids will love making and eating these.....more nutritious than store bought goodies.
Jun 6, 2011
I thought these were too sweet, but hubby loved them.