Peanut Butter Chocolate Meltaways
People are amazed how easy it is to make these impressive-looking chocolate peanut butter cup candies. The recipe makes a big batch for you to share.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 package (10 to 13 ounces) white baking chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes; stir. Microwave, uncovered, on high 30 seconds longer; stir until smooth.
- Pour into miniature muffin liners. Place on a baking sheet; refrigerate until set. Store in the refrigerator.
Editor's Note: Reduced-fat or generic brands of peanut butter are not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 170 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Chocolate Meltaways in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004