Peanut Butter Chocolate Meltaways
People are amazed how easy it is to make these impressive-looking chocolate peanut butter cup candies. The recipe makes a big batch for you to share.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 package (10 to 13 ounces) white baking chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes; stir. Microwave, uncovered, on high 30 seconds longer; stir until smooth.
- Pour into miniature muffin liners. Place on a baking sheet; refrigerate until set. Store in the refrigerator.
Editor's Note: Reduced-fat or generic brands of peanut butter are not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 170 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Chocolate Meltaways in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.