Chocolate Macadamia Meltaways
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 jar (3-1/2 ounces) macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in nuts (dough will be stiff); set aside.
- For filling, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in nuts; cool slightly. Drop by 1/2 teaspoonfuls onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape teaspoonfuls of dough around each piece of chocolate-nut mixture so it is completely covered. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° until lightly browned, 12-14 minutes. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 117 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 20, 2012
These are excellent and easy to make. I made them once and everyone was raving.When wrapping the chocolate I pat the dough out in my hand and then wrap the chocolate mixture. Instead of just rolling them in powdered sugar i roll them in a mix of unsweeted cocoa and powdered sugar.
Jun 14, 2012
A beautiful "Chocolate Macadamia Meltaways" recipe. It does use the jarred Macadamia nuts from Hawaii - which make the recipe very expensive! The yield is only 30 cookies!
Dec 19, 2007
These cookies were so easy to make and tasted wonderful!