White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 cup white baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in nuts and baking chips.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Freeze option: Freeze cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving or, if desired, reheat on a baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven 3-4 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 70 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 38mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Mar 24, 2018
Delicious and buttery! Thank you, Cathy, for sharing this recipe.
Feb 6, 2018
The cookies are delicious!
Dec 18, 2017
I loved these. Thanks for posting it. Changes I made were as follows: doubled recipe, pecans instead of macadamia nuts, half all-purpose half white wheat, tablespoon rather than teaspoon scoop baking 13 minutes.Loved the crispy bottoms.
Nov 11, 2017
Excellent cookies, very easy to make. I took off one star because I made a double batch and only ended up with three and a half dozen cookies. They taste so good my mother, my son and his wife ate most of them!! Will definitely make them again.
Jul 30, 2017
very good. made 25 cookies from recipe.
Apr 22, 2017
My Dad's favorite, he loved them! Easy to make.
Aug 14, 2014
Stop looking! This is the best White Chocolate Macadamia Cookie you will find! As a volunteer field editor I have tried many cookie recipes. This is a keeper. My recommendation is to double the recipe and make the cookies a little larger. Also, be certain to only use slightly softened butter. As with all my cookies, I made the dough then let it chill in the fridge for an hour. This will guarantee super soft cookies that are loaded with nuts and chips!
Mar 29, 2014
Another blast from the past. I am not one to bake, but on a rainy day in Tampa, I decided to go for it.. and these cookies are SO easy, so good that as a volunteer field editor I would recommend them and will definitely make them again.. but I won't wait until it rains to do so!!
Dec 20, 2013
not sure what happened here. I used shortening instead of butter and these cookies were a big flop. . not only did they stick to pan but they were very thin. didn't make the yielded amount either. I think it should have called for more flour is my guess. disappointed because the ingredients are expensive.
Dec 5, 2013
I got 28 cookies out of this with a 1" cookie scoop. Cookies were very good. I didn't have white chocolate baking chips so I made my own out of a Ghirardelli white chocolate baking bar, same thing I guess.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.