White Chocolate Maple Pecan Macaroons
I love macaroons and wanted to add a different twist to them with white chocolate and pecans, some of my favorite ingredients. —Patricia Harmon, Baden, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min./batch + cooling
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup plus 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Beat egg whites on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high after each addition until sugar is dissolved. Beat in flavoring. Continue beating until stiff glossy peaks form. Fold in coconut, 1 cup baking chips and pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 1 in. apart onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake 18-20 minutes or until firm to the touch. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt shortening and remaining baking chips; stir until smooth. Dip bottoms of macaroons into melted baking chips, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 69 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.