White Chocolate Maple Pecan Macaroons
I love macaroons and wanted to add a different twist to them with white chocolate and pecans, some of my favorite ingredients. &Mdash;Patricia Harmon, Baden, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min./batch + cooling
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup plus 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Beat egg whites on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high after each addition until sugar is dissolved. Beat in flavoring. Continue beating until stiff glossy peaks form. Fold in coconut, 1 cup baking chips and pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 1 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 18-20 minutes or until firm to the touch. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt shortening and remaining baking chips; stir until smooth. Dip bottoms of macaroons into melted baking chips, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Originally published as WHITE CHOCOLATE MAPLE PECAN MACAROONS in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.