Ginger & Maple Macadamia Nut Cookies
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 7 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 24 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, melted
- 1/3 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in syrup. In another bowl, whisk flour, spices, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in nuts.
- Divide dough in half; shape each into a 12-in.-long roll. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Dip each cookie halfway into melted candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; sprinkle with crystallized ginger. Refrigerate until set.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 126 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 8, 2015
I am making these cookies as part of my cookie basket. They are delicious and scream Christmas....I made them in three ways. plain, partly dipped and completely dipped...
Dec 15, 2014
I used pecans in place of macadamias and used chocolate candy/almond melting bark. In place of crystallized ginger, I drizzled melted white chocolate over the dark. These have a WONDERFUL flavor and were well received during the holidays.
Dec 14, 2014
These cookies were delicious! I used semi-sweet chocolate instead of dark chocolate candy coating and they turned out great!