White Chocolate-Cappuccino Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 2 envelopes mocha cappuccino mix
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces white candy coating, melted
- Baking cocoa, optional
- In a small bowl, dissolve cappuccino mix in hot water. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in cappuccino mixture and egg yolk. In another bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. cup-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Pipe melted candy coating over cookies as desired, or dip each cookie halfway into melted candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. If desired, dust with cocoa.
- Freeze option: Transfer wrapped disks to a resealable plastic freezer bag; freeze. To use, thaw dough in refrigerator until soft enough to roll. Prepare, bake and decorate as directed.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 16, 2015
Re: This recipe--I've been getting calls asking where I got the cookie cutter from people around IN (at my father-in-law's house, as we don't have a landline & he's the only name listed from my hometown). Also, you can sprinkle cinnamon on the cookies with the cocoa. My girls got a lot of my cutters to use with their children and so a lot of times, I make templates instead of buying cutters.http://www.cookiecrazie.com/2011/01/cookie-cutters-and-templates.html