Chocolate Peppermint Spritz Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a disk of your choice, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-12 minutes or until set. Immediately sprinkle crushed candies over cookies. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 76 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 20, 2015
I like a few others had trouble with the dough at first until I realized my mistake....3/4 cup of butter IS NOT 3 sticks of butter, but 1 1/2. So I quickly doubled all the other ingredients and made a double batch. I do wish the peppermint taste in the cookie was stronger but that may be because I used dark chocolate cocoa.
Dec 7, 2015
I liked the subtle peppermint flavor of these cookies. I did't have any trouble working with the dough.
Dec 6, 2015
if there was an option of zero stars I would pick it!! the dough was way too sticky even after being refrigerated and wouldn't stay cold for more than two minutes. i finally got them to stick to the sheet and put them in the oven. when i took them out after only 8 minutes they were completely flat and had lost all shape. they looked terrible and overall it was a huge waste of time. i can't believe this recipe is on the internet. DON'T MAKE THESE!!!!!!!
Dec 24, 2014
Good taste, and easy to make. Next time I will put a chocolate chip in the center instead of the peppermint crumbs.
Dec 23, 2014
i don't know what went wrong, but this recipe didn't work for me! I followed the directions exactly. First, the dough is way too soft even with adding more flour. Then the cookies spread far too much when baked, losing all the shape of the press...I ended up with brown flat lumps. They are neither chocolaty or minty, actually rather blah. The only mint taste is from the crushed candies. The best I can say is that they are very easy to make! Glad they worked for others!
Nov 16, 2014
These cookies are wonderful! The dough is easy to work with and the cookies are delicious! I doubled the recipe and ended up with 10 dozen cookies to share with family and friends.
Nov 14, 2014
Just the right amount of peppermint. Quick and easy and looks impressive
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.