Chocolate Toffee Peppermint Cookies
Chocolate and peppermint are a natural match, so I put them together in this easy cookie recipe. It's one of our favorite holiday cookies because it tastes delicious and there's no fussy decorating. —Carole Resnick, Cleveland, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 1/2 cup peppermint crunch baking chips or 1/4 cup white baking chips plus 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in toffee bits and baking chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with bottom of a glass. Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Freeze option: Freeze cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving or, if desired, reheat on a baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven 3-4 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 84 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.