Hot Chocolate Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup instant hot cocoa mix (about 3 packets)
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup vanilla marshmallow bits (not miniature marshmallows)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa mix, baking cocoa, salt, baking soda and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Gently stir in marshmallow bits and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake until set, 10-12 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 81 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 8, 2020
My family really enjoyed these cookies. I saw the recipe and really wanted to make them without waiting to find the marshmallow bits, so I used white chocolate/vanilla chips and they were great! I do agree with TheMaga65, that they were a bit "sugary". Knowing that there was hot cocoa in the batter, I could detect that and felt like it didn't incorporate 100%. But my family REALLY liked them. Perhaps next time I'll either cut back on the sugars or eliminate one packet of cocoa mix?? My cookies WERE NOT flat and gummy. They looked EXACTLY like the recipe photo.
Dec 29, 2019
The cookies fell flat and gummy. Too sugary. Maybe we didn't do it correctly.
Dec 4, 2019
These cookies taste wonderful!! BUT I found the dough very difficult to work with so am going to research other similar recipes to maybe find one that is easier but just as tasty. I did easily find the teeny vanilla marshmallows (by Kraft) in Target. The recipe calls for one cup and that cup takes up a bit more than half of the container so if planning to do more than one batch you'll need more than one container of the marshmallow pieces. Did I say the cookies taste great, though? If I have to make this particular recipe again I will do so because they are going to go fast!
Sep 23, 2019
The base recipe is uneventful, the only chocolate flavor comes from the chocolate chips. The vanilla bits weren't available so made homemade marshmallows and cut them into small pieces. They caramelized too quickly, so definitely need these bits. overall, wouldn't waste the ingredients.
Aug 26, 2019
Patricia Finn..I found the "Kraft jet puffed mallow bits" near the canned milk and hot cocoa mixes at publix. It comes in a 3oz clear plastic container with a blue cap. Hope you find them!??
Aug 13, 2019
These are so good, love them and with the cocoa mix it is so easy - easy and delicious
Aug 12, 2019
I would love to make these cookies, but I don't understand what vanilla marshmellow bits are. Where can I get them, a brand or some other clue please.