Hot Chocolate Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup instant hot cocoa mix (about 3 packets)
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup vanilla marshmallow bits (not miniature marshmallows)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa mix, baking cocoa, salt, baking soda and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Gently stir in marshmallow bits and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake until set, 10-12 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 81 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 23, 2019
The base recipe is uneventful, the only chocolate flavor comes from the chocolate chips. The vanilla bits weren't available so made homemade marshmallows and cut them into small pieces. They caramelized too quickly, so definitely need these bits. overall, wouldn't waste the ingredients.
Aug 26, 2019
Patricia Finn..I found the "Kraft jet puffed mallow bits" near the canned milk and hot cocoa mixes at publix. It comes in a 3oz clear plastic container with a blue cap. Hope you find them!??
Aug 13, 2019
These are so good, love them and with the cocoa mix it is so easy - easy and delicious
Aug 12, 2019
I would love to make these cookies, but I don't understand what vanilla marshmellow bits are. Where can I get them, a brand or some other clue please.