Peppermint White Hot Chocolate
My soothing white hot chocolate is a great warm-up after a wintry day spent sledding or ice skating. Or include it as a festive addition to brunch or an afternoon tea party. —Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 5-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 teaspoons crushed peppermint candies, divided
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- In a large saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in 1 teaspoon crushed candy.
- Whisk chocolate into milk until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in extract. Pour into mugs; top with whipped cream. Sprinkle with remaining candy. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup with about 1 tablespoon whipped cream and 1/2 teaspoon crushed candy: 519 calories, 32g fat (19g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Peppermint White Hot Chocolate in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.