Chocolate-Mint Creme Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Dash salt
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in the chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; cool slightly.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks; flatten slightly. Cool completely.
- Combine filling ingredients; spread on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 157 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 15, 2010
Delicious! Make a great Christmas cookie. If you like chocolate mint, these are a must :)
Jul 14, 2010
The cookies were really good. I think we made them a little too big...keep in mind that each "cookie" is really 2 cookies. It would be fun to dye the filling green, especially around Christmas.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.