Chocolate-Mint Creme Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Dash salt
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in the chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; cool slightly.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks; flatten slightly. Cool completely.
- Combine filling ingredients; spread on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 157 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 15, 2010
Delicious! Make a great Christmas cookie. If you like chocolate mint, these are a must :)
Jul 14, 2010
The cookies were really good. I think we made them a little too big...keep in mind that each "cookie" is really 2 cookies. It would be fun to dye the filling green, especially around Christmas.