Chocolate Peppermint Kisses
I love the combination of chocolate and peppermint, especially at Christmastime. It's just not Christmas at our house without these cookies in the tins!—Heather McKillip, Aurora, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- Candy cane kisses, unwrapped
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Andes peppermint crunch baking chips
- Freeze kisses in a covered container for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in chocolate and peppermint chips. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Shape dough into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are set. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into center of each cookie (cookie will crack around edges). Cool completely on pans on wire racks.
Originally published as Chocolate Peppermint Chip Cookies in Ultimate Cookie Swap 2016 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.