Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 8 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, optional
- Cinnamon sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars and oil. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Add flour, salt, baking soda, cream of tartar and cinnamon. Stir in the pecans if desired. Cover and refrigerated for 3 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2-in. apart on greased baking sheets; flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. If desired, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 144 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jan 18, 2016
I am on the fence with these cookies. The flavors are nice, however, they are a crispy, flaky cookie, not a soft cookie. I prefer soft, chewy cookies.
Dec 23, 2015
These cookies are really good and melts in your mouth. This is the first time I ever baked cookies and everybody loves them. I am going to make another batch for the New Years Eve. I am so glad I found this recipe.
Dec 6, 2015
These are good. You could add the cinnamon chips they now have, they taste great and a lot of cookies call for a cup of butter for the whole recipe divided out isn't that much, just share your cookies. It's the holidays, enjoy life and live a little!
Nov 28, 2015
The best of the best! Combining two of my favorite ingredients. Hit with family and hit for me.
Dec 24, 2014
The family really enjoy them
Dec 20, 2014
For those who think 1 cup of oil is excessive, look at the amount of cookies it makes. This is more than double what a standard cookie recipe yields. So don't be concerned about the oil...just half the recipe and feel better about it. These are yummy! Grammajo
Dec 19, 2014
This will be my 3rd year making them since I found them. This is the cookie my family asks me to make first. They melt in your mouth!
Dec 20, 2012
I had planned to make a batch of these cookies until I noticed how much vegetable oil the recipe calls for. 1 cup is too much oil in my opinion. Has anyone made them with applesauce instead of oil?
Dec 1, 2012
Made these and they were delicious! Didn't use cream of tartar, added brown sugar. Just sweet enough, with a touch of salt.
Dec 13, 2011
I've made these cookies every year since the year they first appeared in the magazine. They are HANDS DOWN my family's favorite cookies.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.