Pumpkin-Spice Sugar Cookies
I've been making these quick and easy cookies for over 20 years. They're the first to go at our annual church bake sale.—Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- Cinnamon sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. In another bowl, whisk flour and pie spice; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. If desired, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool. Freeze option: Transfer wrapped disks to a resealable plastic freezer bag; freeze. To use, thaw dough in refrigerator overnight or until soft enough to roll. Prepare and bake cookies as directed.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 96 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 34mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Cookies in Ultimate Cookie Swap 2016 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.