Orange-Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, orange zest and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chips and walnuts. Cover and chill for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a lightly floured 3-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 386 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 18, 2013
Although it doesn't make many they are delicious. The orange peel is a good ingredient. The friend for whom I made them is going to be quite pleased.
Nov 27, 2012
Will certainly be including these cookies as gifts for our friends.
Feb 12, 2012
Love this cookie. Its so fresh with the orange and cinnamon.
Feb 6, 2010
These were delicious!
Dec 28, 2009
Absolutely my favorite cookie to make at Christmastime for the second year in a row!