Orange-Chili Chocolate Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) sugar cookie mix
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Triple Sec, optional
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cookie mix, cocoa, orange zest, cinnamon and cayenne. Beat in butter, egg, vanilla and, if desired, Triple Sec.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon. Roll dough into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar mixture. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until set, 8-10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 89 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 5, 2018
I was looking for a spice recipe that didn't contain your typical mix of cinnamon and nutmeg (not that there's anything wrong with that combo), and these were perfect. They're quite easy to make, and the turn out has just a little bit of a slow burn that makes them wholly unique. As a small tip to future bakers, an orange a little bigger than your fist will be enough to produce 4 tsp of orange zest.