Orange-Chili Chocolate Cookies
I love spicy chocolate so I came up with this recipe. Because it starts with a packaged sugar cookie mix, it's super easy! And orange, cinnamon and cayenne are a surprising combo that can't be beat.—Debbie Blunt, Wickenburg, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) sugar cookie mix
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Triple Sec, optional
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cookie mix, cocoa, orange zest, cinnamon and cayenne. Beat in butter, egg, vanilla and, if desired, Triple Sec.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon. Roll dough into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar mixture. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until set, 8-10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 89 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Sweet Orange and Chili Pepper Chocolate Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.