Snowy Mountain Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch. + cooling
Makesabout 7 dozen
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- White nonpareils
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Add chocolate chips and, if desired, walnuts; mix well. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate until firm enough to roll, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. triangle-shaped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until edges begin to brown, 10-12 minutes. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt white baking chips; stir until smooth. Dip cookie tops in melted chips; sprinkle with nonpareils. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 99 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 10, 2019
Couldn't find a triangle cutter so used a straight edge and a pizza wheel. Not white chocolate fans, so I made a powdered sugar glaze. Great on their own or with a cup of cocoa.