Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Miniature semisweet chocolate chips, and green and red M&M's minis
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 to 4 teaspoons 2% milk
- Red and/or green food coloring
- Miniature milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Shape dough into forty-eight 1-in. balls, forty-eight 3/4-in. balls and forty-eight 1/2-in. balls. On ungreased baking sheets, place one ball of each size, side by side, for each snowman.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until light brown. Remove from oven; cool on pans 2 minutes. Press on chocolate chips for eyes and M&M's for buttons. Carefully remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat confectioners' sugar, extract and enough milk to reach a piping consistency. If two colors of frosting are desired, transfer half of the frosting to another bowl and tint each with a different food coloring.
- Cut a small hole in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; fill with frosting. Pipe scarves on snowmen. Use frosting to attach chocolate kisses for hats.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 139 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 25, 2015
Didn't like this recipe at all. didn't have good taste. They spread out and I had fat snowmen, Will not make agan
Nov 30, 2015
Dec 19, 2014
Made these exactly by the recipe for a cookie swap and they turned out great! They are really cute and taste good too.
Dec 16, 2013
Where can I find miniature kisses?Kate C.
Dec 16, 2013
Great for little kids! Delicious.
Dec 11, 2013
The cookie is OK -- doesn't spread out at all. So we ended up with 3 balls barely stuck together. They broke apart. Followed the recipe to a "t". Won't be making again.
Dec 7, 2010
I love this recipe! Except I make one round cookie and in the last couple of minutes of baking I press a Butterfinger or Reeses Bell in the cookie. It is amazing!
Dec 3, 2009
I make these cookies every year for my Family's annual Christmas Bunco Party. They are delicious! I serve them on colored tissue paper.