Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) Nutter Butter cookies
- 1-1/4 pounds white candy coating, melted
- Miniature chocolate chips
- M&M's minis
- Pretzel sticks, halved
- Decorating gel or frosting
- Using tongs, dip cookies in candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. Place two chocolate chips on one end of each cookie for eyes. Place M&M's minis down middle for buttons and between eyes for nose.
- For arms, dip ends of two pretzel stick halves into coating; attach one to each side of snowmen. Let stand until set. Pipe mouth and scarf with gel or frosting.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 180 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 67mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 29, 2011
Love these cookies - been making them for years. I also make Santas by dipping bottom half of cookie in white coating for beard (let dry) then coat top 1/3 in white coating (leave middle plain for face) while still wet sprinkle with red sugar for hat, leaving a little white around face for "fur" Add 1/4 mini marshmallow for pompom. Use mini choc. chips for eyes and cinn. red hot for nose attached with a dab of white coating. These may take awhile, but so does decorating other Christmas cookies, that's part of the fun of the season. (I also make ghosts for Halloween)
Dec 22, 2010
It was very messy. They look more like monsters for halloween!
Dec 19, 2010
Absolutely adorable....Although messy and somewhat time consuming if you let your children help I have only found ONE issue...Attaching the "arms" to the snowmen tried when we dipped them then tried attaching with left over melted choc....Would make it again!
Dec 14, 2009
Great quick cookie! (My daughter loves Nutter Butters!) At Christmas time especially, let's be kind and forego the name-calling flynnkl. Mandreyo-try marzipan or fondant if you want to go the extra mile to make hats. Attach with some frosting.
Dec 26, 2007
The hat is on the bowl you dinkus
Dec 15, 2007
how did you make the hat... so very cute addition.