Chocolate Reindeer Cookies
Total TimePrep: 55 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- Candy eyes
- Reese's mini white peanut butter cups
- Miniature pretzels
- Peanut butter M&M's
- Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Place butter, brown sugar and water in a large saucepan; cook and stir over low heat until butter is melted. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate chips until smooth. Stir in eggs and extract. Stir in flour mixture. Let stand until firm enough to shape, about 15 minutes.
- To freeze dough, shape level tablespoonfuls of dough into balls; flatten each to 1/4-in. thickness. Place in a covered container, separating layers with waxed paper; freeze until firm. (May be frozen up to 3 months.)
- To bake, preheat oven to 350°. Place frozen dough portions 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake until set, 12-14 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Spread cookies with frosting, reserving a small amount for mouths. Decorate faces with candy eyes; add peanut butter cups for snouts, pretzels for antlers and M&M's for noses. Pipe mouths with reserved frosting.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 122 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 14, 2017
i am a kid personally, and i love them!!!
Dec 7, 2011
these look so cute and sound yummy will have to try them
Dec 21, 2008
My granddaughter and I made these cookies and she personalized family members' cookies with appropriate color eyes! I also made these with my class of two year olds using chocolate cookies at our Christmas party. They were so simple for them--they had so much fun. Thanks for the idea; they will become a holiday tradition.Jenny SmithVictoria, texas
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.