Santa’s Surprise Cookies
Total TimePrep: 55 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 packages (11-1/2 ounces each) miniature Snickers candy bars
- 1 package (9-1/2 ounces) Dove dark chocolate candies
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll dough into 1-1/4-in. balls. Press a candy bar into each; reshape balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 10-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate candies and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 151 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 7, 2014
These are my family's favorite cookies. I've been making them for more than 15 years. I buy bags of mini candy bars and use different flavors, not just snickers, Milky Way is especially good!
Oct 15, 2012
My son and I make these for Santa every year it is pone of outr favorites.