Merry Grinchmas Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 48 heart-shaped gumdrops
- In a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in vanilla, food coloring and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until firm enough to shape.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape dough into 1-1/2-in. balls; roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until tops are cracked and edges are set, 12-15 minutes. Immediately press a gumdrop into each cookie. Cool cookies 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 112 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 67mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 20, 2016
I have not tried this recipe yet, but my Walmart store just stocked Valentines candy... just in time for Christmas! It's December 20.
Dec 13, 2016
Dec 8, 2016
Havcent made yet but just wanted to say these are SO CUTE! What a cute idea for the heart and grinchmas :)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.