Easter Egg Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- Cake decorating gel, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, oats and salt; stir into creamed mixture. Divide dough into three equal portions.
- Form 12 egg-shaped cookies from each portion. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- Combine glaze ingredients until smooth; spoon over cookies. Decorate as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 126 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 1, 2018
The cookies were easy to make, looked great, just like the picture, but I was disappointed with the taste. I would not use this recipe again.
Mar 29, 2018
These are the same cookies my mother made with me when I was growing up! She got the recipe from a friend, whose mother passed it on to her. They are an Easter tradition in our family, too. They're simple, beautiful and delicious - thank you for sharing them.
Apr 23, 2011
This is a fun recipe to make with my two girls ages 5 & 7. They were help with everything and LOVED decorating them!