Easter Egg Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- Cake decorating gel, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, oats and salt; stir into creamed mixture. Divide dough into three equal portions.
- Form 12 egg-shaped cookies from each portion. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- Combine glaze ingredients until smooth; spoon over cookies. Decorate as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 126 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Apr 1, 2018
The cookies were easy to make, looked great, just like the picture, but I was disappointed with the taste. I would not use this recipe again.
Mar 29, 2018
These are the same cookies my mother made with me when I was growing up! She got the recipe from a friend, whose mother passed it on to her. They are an Easter tradition in our family, too. They're simple, beautiful and delicious - thank you for sharing them.
Apr 23, 2011
This is a fun recipe to make with my two girls ages 5 & 7. They were help with everything and LOVED decorating them!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.