My son, Jeremy, is 36 but acts as if he's 5 when he sees these brownies—I've been making them for more than 30 years! My daughter, Jayme, and my four grandchildren love them, too. If you're short on time, a boxed mix works just fine. —Jeannine Schneider, Fremont, California
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 48 candy eyeballs
- 24 red-hot candies
- 48 miniature pretzels
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil, letting ends extend up sides; grease foil. In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until blended; stir in chocolate mixture. Gradually stir in flour; spread into prepared pan. Bake until edges begin to pull from sides of pan, 25-30 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Lifting with foil, remove brownies from pan. Spread frosting over top. Cut into 12 squares; cut each square into a triangle. Attach candies and pretzels to make reindeer faces.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 353 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Jeremy's Holiday Brownies in Taste of Home December 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.