Decorated Christmas Cutout Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makes6-7 dozen (2-1/2-inch cookies)
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Tinted frostings, colored sugars, edible glitter and nonpareils
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Chill for 1 hour or until firm.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in thickness. Cut out with Christmas cookie cutters of your choice. Using a floured spatula, transfer cookies to greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Decorate cookies with frosting and colored sugars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 47 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 16, 2017
An easy, nice recipe to make. Stayed soft with a nice vanilla flavor.
Dec 10, 2017
Quick and easy recipe . WE used maple syrup instead of vanilla extract it tastes great
Dec 19, 2015
I love this recipe and the cookies didn't make it a week!
Aug 16, 2015
This was very simple and my family loves them
Dec 23, 2014
Totally awesome cookie!
Dec 23, 2013
Beautiful dough and rolled out nice.
Dec 18, 2013
Dec 23, 2012
Simple and tasty!
Dec 22, 2012
Excellent and the dough is easy to work with.
Dec 10, 2012
The best sugar/butter cookies ever. I'm usually impartial to these types of cookies but these ones are fantastic. They won't last long!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.