Decorated Christmas Cutout Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makes6-7 dozen (2-1/2-inch cookies)
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Tinted frostings, colored sugars, edible glitter and nonpareils
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Chill for 1 hour or until firm.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in thickness. Cut out with Christmas cookie cutters of your choice. Using a floured spatula, transfer cookies to greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Decorate cookies with frosting and colored sugars.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 each: 47 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 23, 2018
Very easy recipe and good flavor. Not sure how it was supposed to make 6-7 dozen, though. I used 2 1/2 inch and smaller cookie cutters and rolled the dough out to 1/4 inch, but it barely made 3 1/2 dozen.
Dec 23, 2018
Never again will I use this recipe. Yield was incorrect and dough was not manageable at all. Cookies stuck to pan...just horrible
Dec 21, 2018
Simple to make, delicious flavor, this recipe is a keeper!
Dec 16, 2017
An easy, nice recipe to make. Stayed soft with a nice vanilla flavor.
Dec 10, 2017
Quick and easy recipe . WE used maple syrup instead of vanilla extract it tastes great
Dec 19, 2015
I love this recipe and the cookies didn't make it a week!
Aug 16, 2015
This was very simple and my family loves them
Dec 23, 2014
Totally awesome cookie!
Dec 23, 2013
Beautiful dough and rolled out nice.
Dec 18, 2013