Christmas Cutouts with White Chocolate Glaze
Total TimePrep: 1-1/4 hours Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- Food coloring
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out one portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into desired shapes with floured 2-in. cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Tint with food coloring. Transfer to a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe designs on cookies.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 40 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 17, 2008
add shortening to keep the white chocolate thin and spreadable.use an ice cream scoop for equal sized cookie dough balls. Dip scoop into cold water between scoopings to ensure the dough releases easily every time.roll only a protion of the dough at a time and keep the remaining dough in the fridge.