Pecan Cutout Cookies
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 2 cups pecan halves (8 ounces)
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- VANILLA SUGAR:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place pecans and 1/2 cup sugar in a food processor; process until pecans are finely ground. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir flour and remaining sugar into pecan mixture; cut in butter until crumbly. Transfer mixture to a clean work surface; knead gently to form a smooth dough, about 2 minutes. (Mixture will be very crumbly at first, but will come together and form a dough as it's kneaded.) Divide dough in half.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, mix vanilla sugar ingredients until blended.
- Dip warm cookies in vanilla sugar to coat; cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 109 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 34mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 14, 2017
Pecan cutouts have good taste but I had trouble with the "dipping in the vanilla sugar" part of the recipe so made a glaze with maple syrup and confection sugar.
Jan 3, 2017
These were amazing sugar cookies! I sprinkled them with colored sugar instead of dipping them and they turned out perfect.
Dec 21, 2016
These are the best cookies ever! They are my new favorite Christmas (or anytime) cookie! And I've acquired tons of favorite cookie recipes in 47 years. These are by far the best!
Dec 3, 2014
I saw these in the toh magazine. I love pecans and had to try them. They turned out fantastic and easy to make! This is my new cut out cookie recipe from now on!