Decorated Christmas Cutout Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Tinted frostings, colored sugars, edible glitter and nonpareils
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Chill for 1 hour or until firm.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in thickness. Cut out with Christmas cookie cutters of your choice. Using a floured spatula, transfer cookies to greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire racks.
- 3. Decorate cookies with frosting and colored sugars.
1 each: 47 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 23, 2018Very easy recipe and good flavor. Not sure how it was supposed to make 6-7 dozen, though. I used 2 1/2 inch and smaller cookie cutters and rolled the dough out to 1/4 inch, but it barely made 3 1/2 dozen.
Dec 23, 2018Never again will I use this recipe. Yield was incorrect and dough was not manageable at all. Cookies stuck to pan...just horrible
Dec 21, 2018Simple to make, delicious flavor, this recipe is a keeper!
Dec 16, 2017
An easy, nice recipe to make. Stayed soft with a nice vanilla flavor.
Dec 10, 2017
Quick and easy recipe . WE used maple syrup instead of vanilla extract it tastes great
Dec 19, 2015
I love this recipe and the cookies didn't make it a week!
Aug 16, 2015
This was very simple and my family loves them
Dec 23, 2014
Totally awesome cookie!
Dec 31, 1969
Beautiful dough and rolled out nice.
Dec 31, 1969