Maple Sugar Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in syrup and vanilla. Combine the remaining ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 187 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 30, 2015
These came out ok. Nice texture and a mild maple flavor. We just decorated with colored sugar and maple sugar. They were a little plain. If I made them again I think I would add frosting that also had some maple flavor to it. They were easy to make but a little soft to roll out. You might need additional flour.
Jul 17, 2014
Not too sweet and delicious.
Jun 11, 2014
Super delicious and easy to make. They were a hit at the party I took them to.
Oct 30, 2011
These cookie were amazing! i had rave reviews and they have since been added to my treasure book of recipes. I whipped up some vanilla buttercream icing and added a little maple syrup and cinnamon to the icing for some added flare. The cookies paired with the icing made a delicious treat!