Cherry Snowball Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 jar (6 ounces) maraschino cherries without stems, drained and halved
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy; gradually add flour and mix well.
- Shape a tablespoonful of dough around each cherry, forming a ball. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes or until the bottoms are browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 99 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 14, 2016
These are really good cookies and I like to put them on trays that I give at Christmas.They are enjoyed by all.
Dec 6, 2014
These were so great my family loves them in wants to know when I'm making the next batch!
Jul 13, 2013
These cookies are easy & taste wonderful. I do add a few drops of red food coloring to the dough to tint it pink.
Jan 23, 2012
Tastes almost exactly like a spritz cookie.
Dec 13, 2011
Really great shortbread based cookie! One of my faves at Christmas! Make sure to roll in extra powder sugar once they're cooled, otherwise they're really not sweet enough.Every one loves the cherry surprise in the middle!
Dec 6, 2011
these are great with a great surprised in the middle.. they were really easy to make.They look pretty too.
Dec 1, 2010
These cookies were very easy to make and tasted great. I am going to try the chocolate chip idea, that sounds yummy also.Thanks for all the great ideas.
Dec 21, 2009
I've made this recipe for Christmas for years now and they always come out great and just melt in your mouth. My kids love to help with these cookies! The dough is super easy to work with and the cookies come out just as great without the cherry in the middle or with a chocolate chip instead.