Cherry Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate and cherries.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets lightly coated with cooking spray. Bake until firm, 12-14 minutes. Cool for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 159 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 3, 2019
My recipe is not showing cherries, how much do we add?
Feb 1, 2018
I wonder if anyone has used maraschino cherries.
Jul 15, 2017
love dried cherries and this recipe makes good use of them. plus the combo of cherries and choclate is great.
Dec 19, 2011
I make these cookies every year by demand they are my husbands FAVORITE!!