Chocolate Chip-Cherry Chunk Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large Eggland's Best egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter, gradually adding sugars, until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in egg, vanilla and maple flavoring.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, baking cocoa, baking soda and salt. Gradually beat into creamed mixture just until moistened (do not overbeat). Stir in semisweet chocolate and white baking chips, dried cherries and coconut.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly. Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 92 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 5, 2018
Nice cookie. I am not a fan of cherries, but my husband ate six cookies at one time. Nice and moist, good thickness.
Jun 2, 2018
I had the chance to make these cookies on 5/31/18. They're great! I did grease the baking sheets for easier removal! I also took some of these cookies to sell in our coffee shop and the rest went to our pot luck meal on 6/1/18! Thank you, Wade Rouse (aka Viola Shipman)!