Chocolate Chip Cherry Oatmeal Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cherries and chocolate chips.
- Drop by scant 1/4 cupfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing from baking sheets to wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 203 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 23, 2018
In my top five favorites. Great recipe for when you are making several kinds of cookies for the holidays or if you just want one batch for a family snack.
Feb 26, 2018
We loved these! We used white chocolate chips. We have made these several times already. Great recipe!
Apr 27, 2016
Loved these! As did my grandson who is VERY hard to please.
Jul 21, 2015
Great flavor. They seemed to spread out, a flatter cookie than I like. I baked for 14 minutes and next time will only do 12 minutes.
May 12, 2015
In love this recipe. Very pleased that they weren't' terribly sweet. they make a great snack.
Feb 26, 2011
Loved it, I added more cherries & chips
Jan 19, 2011
Very good! I made them for a Christmas cookie exchange and they went fast!!
Jun 7, 2010
These were fabulous! I didn't have cherries ....used cranberries and I didn't have quick cook oats...used old fashion oats (cook in 5 mins) and they were great! Thank you Denise!