Vanilla Chip Cherry Cookies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips and cherries.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Jan 14, 2016
Very good cookie although a bit on the sweet side for us. The maraschino cherries will not color the dough if you drain them really well then wrap them up in paper towels for 15 minutes or so. Will definitely make these again.
Mar 22, 2014
different but good
Jan 6, 2014
I absolutely love these cookies! My husband picked out this recipe and he ate so many of them on the day I baked them that I ended up making another batch the very next day. My batter did not turn out pink, I put the cherries on paper towel before and after slicing them. I recommend putting wax paper between the cookies when storing them because the cherries wanted to stick together. Thank you for this wonderful recipe.
Dec 2, 2012
I would recommend chilling these cookies before baking. With such a high butter content and a warm kitchen, my cookies were flatter than pancakes! Also, the cherries made the batter pink.
Oct 20, 2011
Have used this recipe for years. Love it! But mine come out a little crumbly, so today used 1.5-2 cups quick cook oatmeal and it did the trick and didn't alter the taste.
Sep 11, 2011
I wanted to make something different. I LOVE cherries so when I came across this recipe I had to try it. I am SO glad I did this will be my go to recipe when I want something other than chocolate chip cookies. My husband who doesn't care much for cherries even loves them. Thank you for the AWESOME recipe! The cookie dough is irrisistable as well. Don't make the dough balls too big because they flatten out fairly well and will spread to take up your whole baking sheet! They are delicious though!!
Aug 26, 2011
My family loves these. My husband who is very much a chocolate chip cookie guy, thinks that these are wonderful. Very, very good!!!!
Apr 18, 2011
Can't stop baking them! Everyone at home and work love them! Definately a keeper!
Dec 11, 2008
verry good and moist but a little sweet
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.