Cherry Cordial Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min. + standing
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) sugar cookie mix
- 3/4 cup chopped dried cherries
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup cherry preserves
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup white baking chips
- Place the cookie mix, cherries, butter and egg in a large bowl; beat until well mixed. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are browned.
- Meanwhile, place cherry preserves in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir in chocolate chips until melted. If necessary, microwave in 10- to 20-second intervals until chips are melted; stir until blended.
- Using the back of a tablespoon, make an indentation in the center of each warm cookie. Fill indentations with cherry mixture. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Microwave white baking chips until melted. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 2, 2015
I only rated this to get the review submitted. Nice picture. I looked at the picture more carefully. I can see now that the cookies after baked were placed in the papers for display purposes only. Will definitely bake these and prepare as the picture shows. Great Job Taste of Home for sharing recipe.
Oct 10, 2012
This recipe is a keeper! Quick and easy and very tasty. I opted not to add the white chocolate, I didnt think it needed it.